Sunday, September 17, 2006

In the beginning

Potsdam, Germany
09:23 pm
It's dark outside, mild, with a light breeze.

Hellu.

Well, I have to start somewhere. I'm Rea. 24. Nurse.



My days are usually busy...with work, with family, with friends, with other stuff.

The place I work at is a hospital in Potsdam, Germany on a ward for toddlers and kids to age 5. I love my work, because I am able to interact with people, especially children. It is a great challenge that I love to take every day. To listen, to chat, to teach, to touch, to smile, to laugh and to cry.

In Potsdam, I live in a 3 room apartment with my friend Sandra and a co worker, Sandy, who is going to move out next friday. My sister Marina, who's 5 years younger, is going to move in on the same day. Her goal is to successfully finish the nursing school, which she starts at the 1st of October.

The thing is, I am currently on the phone with my mom, who has been talking nonstop for the last 30 minutes. She is overly concerned about...herself. For the last 4 years that I have lived away from my family, my mother has been calling on a frequent basis, telling me about her life and her problems, not caring whether I have the time or the interest to listen to her ramblings. I do understand that she is alone (my dad ignores her and my sister flees whenever mom starts babbling), but I do have a lot on my mind that doesn't concern my mother.

Alright, I guess enough of my ramblings for today.

"For justice, for peace and for the future, we have come home. "
- JMS

Have a lovely night,
A.

No comments: