Sunday, April 15, 2007

Recovering

Potsdam, Germany
01:00 pm
Warm, sunny.

Greetings,

I am currently residing on my balcony, enjoying the lovely weather.

Thank you all for your condolences, this is a hard time I am facing but having so much support helps a lot. During the last 1 ½ weeks I managed to arrange everything for the funeral, which will be in Berlin on the 26th.
Off to other things:
I lost my voice. Yes, this is not a joke. And all those of you who met me, know how horrible this is for me. The reason I lost my voice is yet another Bronchitis. But I’ll be better soon.
Because I am finally on vacation (till the 2nd of May). Besides taking care of my grandaunt’s things, I will try to relax and do things for my own sanity. Teaching my sisters class and going to Hanover for a short trip are just 2 things.

Two days ago I finally managed to get my ticket to Chennai, India, where I’ll be spending two weeks a Dr. Renu Weiss’s house. She is a great woman with a big heart, check out the Banyan (link on the right), where she works at. Oh, and check out her blog, the way she writes about her life, just read it.

As you all know my best friend Patty is staying in Canada at the moment. He is planning on spending New Year’s in New York with some of us. If everything goes as planned, I will be going to NY for a couple of days and then stay 2 weeks at the Taber’s home. The ticket is rather cheap (640 €) for a trip like this. I will have to wait till after my time out to see whether I am allowed to go on a vacation over New Year’s. Update on that soon.

Have a lovely day,
A.

No comments: