Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good and Bad Times

Potsdam, Germany
09:00 pm
Fresh air after a heavy rain.

Today was a strange day.

Good:
I got my Visa for India. If India is as fun as the embassy was last week, then I am going to love it.

Bad:
A babe was waiting at work for me, that I knew pretty well. I fed him and changed him while he was a preemie. I cuddled and rocked him to sleep when he was admitted and we found out that he’s been hurt by family. I swallowed the bile that rose in my throat when he went home with the same family. Today I took pictures of the scratches on his back, the red and purple marks on him and tried to sooth his whining ( he didn’t really cry, he just whimpered) while we waited for an MRI of his head. He’s barely a half year old and has been through so much. On top of all this we nearly lost him during the MRI preparation. I watched helplessly while the doc performed CPR.
Sometimes I hate my job.

A.

No comments: