Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rides on Ferries Wheels

Potsdam, Germany
08:30 pm
Warm, but cloudy.

Hello,

I know that it has been a while.

During the last 4 weeks, I finally went on vacation for a week. After my last nightshift on a Friday, Sandra, Lea and I drove up to Hanover, where my great-aunt Traute has a camper. We spend a week on the campground and despite the ever changing weather enjoyed ourselves tremendously.

Here’s a list of the stuff we did:

- swimming in the lake (icy)











- finally read some books (I read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and I loved it!)











- went for dinner at an American Diner (awesome burgers, delicious desert and oldies played by a jukebox… yes, I loved it)

- enjoyed rides at the Hanover “Schützenfest” (it’s a fair. Sandra and Lea did most rides, but I loved the ferries wheel)










- biked along the Maschsee
- watched “An inconvenient truth” at an Outdoor cinema (shocking movie, but very well done)
- visited the Park of the Senses (we went there at sunset. Lots of greens, small hills, a pond, huge rocks to meditate on)













- had a BBQ with friends












- shopping in downtown Hanover
- girls night in whilst it was raining (it rained a lot, but we cuddled, played games, too long naps)

- walks through Hanover.

The three of us had a lot of fun and were finally able to relax. Sandra had been stressed a lot about work and some other things. Lea has been through a lot lately (her aunt and a good friend have been diagnosed with cancer and both are currently undergoing treatment). And me, well you know that I needed that break.





Marina and I visited Denise, Olaf and their baby two days ago. Little Vivian is growing really fast and gets cuter every day. Tuesday is her bath day and Marina being a nurse student was able to practise how to bath a squirming infant. It was really funny! Marina didn’t really let go of her and after she had bathed and fed Vivian, I was graciously allowed to cuddle her to sleep.

Next Monday is my last appointment concerning my psychotherapy. I will go up to the top of the “Goldelse” in Berlin. After what I achieved this year, I am more than glad that I went through with it. I was able to sleep in the camper without being scared, I walked through the woods alone in the dark without being scared out of mind, and I enjoyed a ride in a huge ferries wheel in the dark while a storm was brewing. Thanks for therapy.

A heartfelt thought goes to Rae. Her family lost their smallest member after only being graced with him for a day. Here’s your candle to bring the light back into your life.



Love ya all,
Rea

No comments: