Sunday, June 08, 2008

Run for Mucoviscidosis

Potsdam, Germany
08:30 pm
Still sunny, with a nice breeze

Too tired to say hello,


My sis and I took part in the Run for Mucoviscidosis in Potsdam, today. As I said you get one or more sponsors, who pays a sum from 0,50€ to 10€ per round you run (small one 340m). You run as many rounds as you can and he/she pays the sum. All the money goes to the Muco e.V. Berlin Brandenburg.

It was hot, though with a small breeze and I had told myself, that I would manage 20 rounds walking (I am too heavy for jogging). The start was the worst part, because for the first two rounds my feet were hurting and I thought that I might have to give up, but I just kept on walking and managed just fine after a few minutes. In the end, I walked 30 rounds, therefore my sponsor has to pay 300 €. My sis managed 40 rounds jogging/walking. We’re both so proud!




The end results are these: 41409€ with 4660km!! Thanks to everyone who ran, walked, wheeled in his/her wheelchair, got pushed in the stroller and walked faithfully next to his owner (some dogs).



I am back home, resting my feet, cooling my head and half asleep from exhaustion.

To all those who didn’t participate despite living in the area… come next year and run an extra round!

Bring the family; there are games, food, ice cream and music!


Love,
Rea

1 comment:

Susan said...

Looked like fun! Good for you, you did great and what an amount to raise...Wow!