Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year's and Resolutions (or not)

Potsdam, Germany
08:30pm
Icy!

Heya.

It’s winter in Potsdam and I love it!! J

We have really cold days, though most with a lot of winter sun and it’s lovely going for walks.
When I returned from Mom and Dad’s my town was covered in snow.

What happened since Christmas?

I worked (no surprise there), though because my colleagues helped I was able to get off one night early. The next days were spent at Dad’s place with long visits with Mom.


It felt really good to be out there – fresh air, lots of quiet and peace. On my birthday I had plans to go to a spa, but it was too expensive and didn’t offer what I wanted. So instead, I spent the day at Mom’s, and we went to the movies in the evening. Australia is an amazing movie, not just for Hugh Jackman with no shirt and being wet, but for a great story and three awesome actors.

New Year’s eve, I stayed at Dad’s neighbors’, who have been friends with me for a long time. After preparing a small buffet, we ate and played activity.

By midnight we (my friends, Dad and his girlfriend Inge) gathered at the frozen lake and watched the fireworks.

Dad’s girlfriend has a dog, whose name is Pongo, he’s a Dalmatian half-breed. I so love this dog. Pongo is huge, but such a teddy bear.




After returning to Potsdam, I started learning for my NCLEX RN. It’s a lot of material to cover and I will need more than just the 4 weeks I planned. But I am keeping it up.

My Body transformer study is over. I didn’t lose weight, but lost girth (stomach and hip), yay! So I decided to keep it up for 1 year once a week.

Well, I guess that’s it for now.

Much love to all of you!

Andrea

No comments: