Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Is Coming To Town

Potsdam, Germany
04:55 pm
Icy, cloudy day

Yawn,

I’m back on my couch, cuddled into my favourite blanket. This weekend I had my annual Christmas celebration. Usually my closest friends come to bake Christmas cookies, decorate my Christmas tree and to have dinner together. This year I bought a 6.8kg (about 13 pounds) heavy turkey, because I was expecting a lot of people.
To those who came, thank you, I had a lot of fun and enjoyed having you here. To those who told me that they couldn’t come, I am sorry that you were not able to make it this year. To those who did not give notice, I am simply disappointed, please consider at least calling me next time.


Despite that, I enjoyed it very much. Jana, a former colleague and now dear friend, brought her nearly 4 month old toddler, Yannick. He is such a character already, smiling and flirting with everyone. The wee one was the highlight of the party.



We did “stehrumchen” (roughly translated “stand-arounds”). You take something from home, which you don’t use anymore or never have used before (which is standing around) and wrap it beautifully. Use one dice: 6 is take a present, 1 give someone a present, 3 everyone hand your present(s) to the person on your right. You can add things like: 2 roll the dice again, 4 everyone hand your present(s) to the person on your left, etc. Set a time for 30 min. up to an hour. We loved it and the present everyone wanted (a beautiful blue box) was probably the ugliest - LOL.

If I am not able to blog before Christmas:

I wish you all a Merry Christmas. Hold tight to your families. Give love to those who are without it. Remember our loved ones who can not be with us.

Ho Ho Ho,
A.

No comments: