Thursday, December 28, 2006

A cold, a gift and snow

Potsdam, Germany
08:20 pm
Snowy, cold

A coughy hello to all of you,

Finally, a couple of days away from work. My Christmas was nice. I spend the 24th at home waiting for my sister to give me a call. She had to work and I volunteered to pick her up and take her to Berlin. The day was spend wrapping presents, writing cards, watching Christmas movies (I watched 3 different versions of Dickens’s Christmas Carol) and drinking hot chocolate.
By a quarter to 7, Marina called and we were on our way to spend Christmas eve with my parents and my great-great aunt in Berlin. We had potato salad (which I made) and sausages, our traditional dinner. Afterwards presents were exchange. You should have seen my moms face. This year my sister, my dad and I all put our heads together. She got 4 presents in this order: a red dot on her forehead, a 40 € worth gift certificate for a popular fashion store, a Soundtrack called “Bharati” and last but not least, 2 tickets for the musical “Bharati”. Mom was speechless. There’s always a first time for everything.

Mom and I will go see it on January 1st.

I had to work prior to the 24th and on the 25th and 26th as well. But my mom stayed with us and we had a fabulous goose on the first Christmas day as well as some old movies like “Pyjama For Two” with Doris Day, played some cards (I won – hehe).

It started snowing today. Very lovely for about 5 minutes. It’s not cold enough to stay on the ground, but I can always wish for a white 29th of December.


BTW, the coughy hello comes from me having another Bronchitis. Been coughing for about 6 days now, but I have been treating myself with some ACC and Ibuprofen for the headache, as well as a good old bath. I’ll be up and about in no time.

Good night and have a safe and Happy New Year,
A.

No comments: