Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Joy and an Angel gets his Wings

Potsdam, Germany
08:30 pm
Freezing cold and dark

Ho Ho Ho,

I am so much into the Christmas season. My lights are up and I made my own “Adventskranz”. My apartment is decorated by candles. Here I am sitting on my couch, wearing my new snoopy PJ’s and Christmas socks.

A very good friend of mine works at the Christmas fair in Chemnitz and got me some “Children’s Punch”. I love that stuff. Yum Yum .

The last weeks have been as stressful as ever, although I had 4 nightshifts, which I prefer. The whole ward is quiet (most of the time). Children sleeping, no nagging parents. Just me, the second nurse and my work.

We are currently dealing with a lot of kids that have a Rotavirus, which causes them to be ill and have diarrhea. Oh, btw, it hit me too. 2 days out cold. But with the proper meds and a bit of TLC, tada, all better.


I am lighting a candle for baby Paul, who died two nights ago. We love you sweetheart and know that you are now free of pain and smile upon us. We will remember.


Money is nothing compared to a tiny smile of a shy babe.

A.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for being you,
sofiya

Anja said...

wow, Christmas season is nice. It must be tough to be not able to do sth against nature. I like the way you deal with it. Although you seem to be strong, it does affect you. I usually deal best with talking about it. You also have a nice thing of lighting a candle.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Jana