Sunday, March 04, 2007

In Sickness And Health

Potsdam, Germany
04:20 pm
The end of a beautiful spring day with dark clouds


Hello everyone,

Long time no read. Am just watching the movie “Ladyhawke” with Michelle Pfeiffer and Rutger Hauer and it is simply beautiful. Heart breaking story, some romance, special effects in the making. The day was exhausting, partly because this was my 7th day of work in a row and there are still 3 to come. I am so looking forward to 4 days off afterwards. So, here I am chilling. And as soon as it turns dark outside, I will light some candles and enjoy some Hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Okay, here’s what’s been happing to me in the last couple of weeks.

My parents are going separate ways now, my mom having moved into her own apartment. Currently, talking to my dad is much easier than talking to my mom. The guy she’s been dating for a couple of months now, is moving in with her and despite me having nothing against her being happy, it just feels funny, because she told my dad that it was over just a couple of weeks ago. Mom also has been kinda lying to me and sis about some things, which I hate more than anything. So far my dad has gotten his act together and is trying to rebuild his life as a single person. His biggest fear was that sis and I would want nothing to do with him anymore, which of course is not the case.



Sis is having health problems. Her stomach has been playing roller coaster with her and the doc thinks she’s having gastritis because of personal stress. Well, let me see, parents divorcing, new education, not being able to see her bf all week, well, yeah, kinda stressful. Which, by the way, did not occur to my mom, when she called sis and heard about her problems and what the doc had said.

My great-great aunt got out of the hospital two weeks ago only to be admitted again, last Monday. She has pneumonia and pleurisy; I will be trying to talk to a doctor next week. My aunt’s condition has worsened and she’s been gettting weaker and weaker. Because of my shifts I have not been able to visit her until this Saturday. She is still able to walk but needs constantly oxygen. At the moment she’s just skin and bones. Although she is hungry and would like to eat, a gastroenteritis has made it unable for her to do so.



It’s hard to see my once strong aunt as weak as she is now. Her will to live is weakening like her body. I know that death is more relief than pain for her. But at the moment I do not know what I will do when she passes away and takes a big part of my heart with her.

The second half of April will be my reward for getting over everything. 19 days off. My to-do-list: vistit friends in Berlin, go to the Pergamon museum, have an asian night at Sandra’s, watch a new movie at the Cinestar Original (in english), visit my cousin Ricarda (who will be having a baby soon), take walks in the woods (my therapy did some awesome things), go to IKEA, have a White CafĂ© Mocca and Double chocolate cake at Starbucks (heavenly), finish reading at least one book (I buy books when I get stressed out), spend some time with my godson Max, spend some time with Jana and her baby boy Yannick, play Sims 2 (including all the add-ons) till it dawns, make Rice Crispy treats, cook some receipes I always wanted to try, teach english, fix my LP-Player, spend some time with Dad, plan my trip to Chennai (India – whoohoo), go to the Harz and spend Walpurgisnight with friends.
Yes, I know it is way too much, but I am being realistic: if I manage to do at least one thing, life will be sweet.



I also have been doing something for my health. 2 weeks ago, I started Aqua fitness, which is more than fun and good for my joints. A friend also gave me a voucher for a 4 week training at a local gym, which I started last Friday. Boy, was I exhausted, but satisfied.

Okay, I guess that this is enough. The movie has been over for a while, my hands are getting numb from all the typing and it’s getting dark outside.

Stay positiv, don’t forget your dreams, it’s all worth it.

Love,
A.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rea, thanks for the good thoughts you put out into the world...your post was one of the nice things happened today,
Sofiya

Anonymous said...

Hey Andiiiiii...
Well your plans are really much, but I would be happy if you can make it to the Harz mountains. There is room for you and a friend (in case you dont want to come alone) enough, so just come, relax, enjoy - and dont forget your costume ;)

I am currently having problems with my love. I guess I just realized something and think I did do a terrible mistake. But so much for here ...

Keep care! Halt Deine Ohren steif!

All the best and a big hug,
Anaj